Northwestern University, University of Chicago and the University of Illinois at Chicago are members of the Chicago Biomedical Consortium (CBC). These universities are partners in the Open Access Initiative that allows researchers at each university to use each other's core facilities seamlessly. For information about specific instruments and services, please contact the manager of the core facility you wish to use. If you have administrative questions about how this works, please contact the Director of Core Facilities at Northwestern University or his counterpart at your university.
For instructions on accessing core facilities at insitutions affiliated with the Open Access Initiative, click HERE.
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions, please click HERE.
For a copy of the Huron Feasibility Study 2010, please click HERE.
For a copy of the Memorandum of Understanding (March 13, 2014), please click HERE.
Open Access Initiative News & Events:
- September 7, 2018: "Cores on Tap" social event at CG Life (657 W. Lake St, Chicago). Click here to view flyer and agenda.
- October 26, 2017: Meeting of the Inter-Institutional Core Advisory Committee. Click here to view the agenda and notes.
- October 25, 2016: Meeting of the Inter-Institutional Core Advisory Committee. Click here to view the agenda or here, to read the full article.
- October 13, 2015: Meeting of the Inter-Institutional Core Advisory Committee. Click here to view the agenda.
- May 19, 2014: Northwestern University News publishes article on Open Access Initiative. Click here to read the full article.
- June 16th, 2014: Open Access Initiative Town Hall Meeting. Click here to read summary of the meeting.