CAM Light Microscopy Specialist (Research Lab Manager 1)
The Microscopy Assistant Manager (Research Lab Manager 1) manages daily operations of a research lab. This position monitors lab performance, analyzes and reviews results, and supervises development and implementation of new protocols. This position assigns work and supervises lab personnel and reviews technical operations ensuring that all processes, protocols and procedures are quality controlled and functioning up to standards. This position develops implements and administers budgets, grant and administrative procedures. The Research Lab Manager 1 co-authors scientific papers for presentation and publication and coordinates writing, submission and administration of grants.
- Manages Center for Advanced Microscopy facility
- Analyzes and troubleshoots imaging modalities such as confocal and or super resolution microscopy
Using a fully fucntioning level of skill, coimpletes the following activities:
- Image analysis using established software packages
- Customized image acquisition and analysis workflows
- Maintains detailed records of results, which may include collecting, extracting & entering data.
- Interprets and or presents results.
- Prepares charts & graphs for presentations & publications.
- Tracks & summarizes lab supply expenses.
- Orders and or maintains inventory of reagent, mice and or lab supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in a scientific major or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience and
- 4 years' image acquisition and analysis or other relevant experience
- Successful completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a master's or higher degree in a scientific major or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience and 4 years' image acquisition and analysis or other relevant experience. Supervisory or project management experience required.
- 6 years' image acquisition and analysis or other relevant experience.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Demonstrated imaging and facility experience
- Demonstrated ability carry out training and analysis and direct users to use software. Demonstrated computer skills, including spreadsheets and computations
- Attention to detail and accurate record keeping
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Manual dexterity